In this class, we’ll use a variety of hands-on and multi sensory approaches to explore the intellectual and instinctual aspects of childbirth.
- We’ll examine what happens to the body and mind during labor and delivery.
- Understand the differences in cultural perceptions of pain.
- Learn mindfulness practices to help cope with the intensity of labor.
- Share multiple approaches to the birth experience.
Small class sizes allow us to tailor each class to the specific needs and interests of the participants.
- Birth wishes and intentions
- The physical, mental and emotional processes of labor and birth
- How labor works, what it looks like, what to do
- The role of hormones and birth physiology
- Evidence-based research and how to make decisions in awareness
The Childbirth Experience
- Assumptions about pain
- The role of Partners and Birth Companions
- Coping practices, positions and hands on support for labor
- How to cope with unexpected surprises
- Honoring Childbirth as a profound rite of passage and birth as a Heroic journey
- Healing after birth
- Newborn appearance and procedures
- Bonding with your baby
- Feeding your baby
- The postpartum return
― Brianna G.
My husband and I loved our Birthing From Within class taught by Christine. Because of Covid 19 we took this class in Zoom format. At first we were nervous about how that would go, but it turned out great. We ended up so looking forward to our weekly classes with Christine. The class helped us […]
― Suzanne P.
My husband and I were anxious about taking such an intimate and personal experience as the Birthing from Within class online. But Christine was a masterful facilitator and made it valuable and enjoyable even in the online setting. We appreciated the mix of very practical information with coping practice and self-reflection. I was also worried […]