In this class, we’ll use a variety of hands-on and multi sensory approaches to explore the intellectual and instinctual aspects of childbirth.
- We’ll examine what happens to the body and mind during labor and delivery.
- Understand the differences in cultural perceptions of pain.
- Learn mindfulness practices to help cope with the intensity of labor.
- Share multiple approaches to the birth experience.
Small class sizes allow us to tailor each class to the specific needs and interests of the participants.
- Birth wishes and intentions
- The physical, mental and emotional processes of labor and birth
- How labor works, what it looks like, what to do
- The role of hormones and birth physiology
- Evidence-based research and how to make decisions in awareness
The Childbirth Experience
- Assumptions about pain
- The role of Partners and Birth Companions
- Coping practices, positions and hands on support for labor
- How to cope with unexpected surprises
- Honoring Childbirth as a profound rite of passage and birth as a Heroic journey
- Healing after birth
- Newborn appearance and procedures
- Bonding with your baby
- Feeding your baby
- The postpartum return
Testimonials (Read More)
Because of Christine’s Birthing From Within class, we had all the tools to make the birth of our first child an amazing experience! The classes were small and we were able to get all of our questions answered while at the same time getting to know other couples who were going through the same things.
I loved the safe setting. It was a great place for [my husband] and I to share our thoughts, fears, and questions about childbirth. I loved the fact that it didn’t teach a particular method, but rather helped us learn about our own coping skills, and learn how to tap into that strength during labor.