In this class, we’ll use a variety of hands-on and multi sensory approaches to explore the intellectual and instinctual aspects of childbirth.
- We’ll examine what happens to the body and mind during labor and delivery.
- Understand the differences in cultural perceptions of pain.
- Learn mindfulness practices to help cope with the intensity of labor.
- Share multiple approaches to the birth experience.
Small class sizes allow us to tailor each class to the specific needs and interests of the participants.
- Birth wishes and intentions
- The physical, mental and emotional processes of labor and birth
- How labor works, what it looks like, what to do
- The role of hormones and birth physiology
- Evidence-based research and how to make decisions in awareness
The Childbirth Experience
- Assumptions about pain
- The role of Partners and Birth Companions
- Coping practices, positions and hands on support for labor
- How to cope with unexpected surprises
- Honoring Childbirth as a profound rite of passage and birth as a Heroic journey
- Healing after birth
- Newborn appearance and procedures
- Bonding with your baby
- Feeding your baby
- The postpartum return
Testimonials (Read More)
We took the Birthing From Within weekend immersion class with Christine D’Esposito. It was amazing and got more than we anticipated out of the experience. Would recommend this to any new parents. Christine was professional, kind, warm, and extremely knowledgeable. Well worth the cost of the class!
Since discovering that I was going to be a father, I had been concerned about my own ability to contribute. My wife had equipment and instincts that I did not, and I wasn’t sure that I was going to be able to identify and fulfill the role I needed to. Christine’s class helped me find instincts […]